Iron Woman performed work at two different DIA South Terminal Redevelopment (STRP) projects. In addition to relocating and installing over $3.3 million of utilities, Iron Woman worked directly with Kiewit to move more than 1,000,000 cubic yards of material. This huge soil export was part of the enabling works that paved the way for vertical development on-site and was known as the Big Dig.
Civil: Excavation & Earthwork
- Excavation of 1,000,000 cubic yards of material
- 1,000,000 cubic yards loaded & hauled
- Approximately 75,000 truckloads of excavation moved and stockpiled for future use
Environmental: Sustainable Development
- Load tickets for all recycled materials provided in support of the project’s overall LEED requirements
PRIME / CLIENT
Kiewit Building Group
City & County of Denver, Department of Aviation
- Environmental Services
- Civil and Site Services
According to its web site, DIA is the fifteenth busiest airport in the world and fifth busiest in the United States. The South Terminal Redevelopment project included the iconic 500-room Westin Hotel and Conference Center, an 82,000 square foot Public Plaza, and Public Transit Center. The hotel is the terminus of the RTD East Commuter Rail Line that connects DIA and Denver Union Station in Lower Downtown Denver, part of RTD’s $1.03 billion Eagle P3 project.
- Over 200,000 injury free person hours on the STRP
- Compliance with all work requirements was accomplished by Iron Woman’s experienced, trained staff
We invite you to call us about details on this project.
To learn more about the scope of this project you can visit the following websites:
The $544m project includes the construction of a new Westin Hotel and conference center, a Public Transit Centre (PTC) and a Public Plaza at the terminal. It is expected to be finished by 2015.
Rail service starts in 2016.